Thursday 24 October 2013

Home at Last

Yesterday the caregiver who had been feeding the spayed and de-clawed stray, and had taken her inside while we searched for her owner, called to let me know that a couple I had screened and referred to her came and got the cat.  The caregiver was very happy. She said the couple are very nice, obviously know a lot about cats and began to interact with this one right away.  I'll do a follow up call in a few days, but I am sure the little girl will be fine in her new home.



On Sunday I got a call from a lady who was very interested in Archie.  She had lost her cat ten years ago, and although she said she looked at ads often, she had never seen another that really appealed to her. She is in an excellent situation for someone like Archie; she has no children and no other pets.  She came and saw our little guy and immediately fell in love. He seemed to like her, too, so an adoption was arranged.  The plan was that the adopter would pick Archie up after work on Tuesday because she did not have cat supplies on hand.  I was not all that surprised, though, when she called back after supper to tell me she had been to Walmart and was now ready to take her baby home. David and I are both so very fond of Archie that it was hard to let him go. Although we did not know how he would fit into our family, we had agreed that he would not be placed for adoption unless the perfect adopter showed up. I believe she did. 


Archie attended the open house at Maritime Animal Hospital with me on Saturday.  I had mentioned him to Dr Mather and some of the vet techs when I took Bandit in last week and I wanted to show him to them. We did not expect to represent ca-r-ma, but since the person who was supposed to bring kittens and a sign was not there, we did our best. Miss Pebbles, International Supermodel, went along too, and is great example of what a ca-r-ma waif can grow up to be. We could not stay long because I had to work, but a lot of people talked to Archie.  Tammy very kindly offered to let us show him at the hospital, and if he had not been adopted on Sunday, he would have been there Monday.

In the photo above, Ms Pebbles tries out the scales.   What did she weigh?  A lady never tells.  

No comments:

Post a Comment